Director of Finance Job Description
Type: Salaried, Exempt
Location: Gainesville/Alachua area, FL
Are you ready to be a part of a rapidly growing biotechnology company focused on curing rare genetic disorders of the nervous system? We are seeking a Director of Finance to be a part of our team. The Director of Finance will provide strategic financial leadership and financial accountability as well as hands on operational finance support. Primary day to day responsibilities for managing and controlling all financial related activities including accounting, forecasting, purchasing, budget planning, analysis, and contract negotiations.
- Responsible for all financial activities in the company including maintaining the chart of accounts, reconciliation of bank statements, posting financial transactions, approving financial transaction, financial controls, documenting, and verifying disbursements.
- Review contracts and provide financial recommendations for purchases, partnerships, real estate, etc.
- Guide financial decisions by developing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures, including internal controls.
- Develop and implement world class financial strategies and valuations to support clinical development milestones and related capital expenditure plans.
- Provide the CEO with continuous visibility to the financial status and health of the company.
- Create and present accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reporting to the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Generate effective financial and cost accounting practices to guide R&D efforts.
- Partner with HR leadership to build effective staffing and compensation plans.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and other regulatory requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Lead and develop an effective, efficient and cohesive Finance team.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, or related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a corporate financial management role preferably in a senior leadership level.
- Experience reporting to senior leadership and interacting with the Board preferred.
- Experience in financial statement preparation.
- Highly professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-driven and able to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close processes.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Corporate Finance: 5 years (Required)
- Board Presentation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Finance: 5 years (Required)
- reporting to senior leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Master’s (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- 10 hour shift