Type: Salaried, Exempt
Depending on the experience of the final candidate, the Scientist / Senior Scientist – Downstream will play a leading role in the activities of our AAV vector research and development group. The Scientist / Senior Scientist will be responsible for the design, execution and analysis of molecular and biochemical experiments in the exciting areas of AAV manufacturing and capsid engineering. The Scientist / Senior Scientist is expected to contribute to the development of novel technologies in these areas and the establishment of standard operating procedures. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for project design(s), execution and reporting to senior management. The Scientist / Senior Scientist reports directly to the Lead Scientist(s) in the AAV manufacturing group.
- Chromatography ultracentrifuges, TFF/UFDF skids, filtration assemblies
- Downstream processing
- Ability to balance priorities of multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic team environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience in troubleshooting technical issue
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical/chemical engineering, protein chemistry, or related field
- Experience of separation processes including filtration and chromatography
- Experience with purification process development of virus like particles or viral vectors
- Proven experience with technical writing in support of clinical manufacturing
- Experience in operating AKTA chromatography purification, ultracentrifuges, TFF/UFDF skids, and filtration assemblies
- Experience with GMP regulatory guidelines as related to the development of gene therapy purification processes
- Experience in AAV
- Master or higher degree in biomedical/chemical engineering, protein chemistry, or related field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.