Type: Salaried, Exempt
Depending on the experience of the final candidate, the Scientist II / Senior Scientist – Molecular Biology will play a critical role in supporting the operations of pre-clinical and AAV vector research and development groups. They will work in the laboratory in close collaboration with program leads to identify, prioritize, design, implement and manage molecular biology experiments to support the operations of all programs at Lacerta Therapeutics. The Scientist II / Senior Scientist is expected to produce organized, well written, compliant and traceable laboratory notebooks and raw data files while contributing to the development of novel technologies in these areas. The Scientist II / Senior Scientist will be responsible for meeting the molecular biology needs for each program through detailed project design(s), execution and reporting to senior management. The Scientist / Senior Scientist reports directly to the program Lead Scientists.
- Cloning including site specific transposition, homologous recombination and Gateway recombination methods.
- Gene expression analysis including qPCR and ddPCR
- Experience in cell culture (routine culture of mammalian and insect cells) in addition to experience in biochemistry (western blot, ELISA) is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree Biology, Cell Biology or related field
- 3+ years of experience of working with DNA and the construction, verification and purification of plasmid vectors.
- Experience with GMP regulatory guidelines as related to the development of gene therapy products
- Ability to balance priorities of multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic team environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience in troubleshooting technical issues
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Master or higher degree in Biology, Cell Biology or related field
- Experience with AAV technologies highly desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.